"Like A Thief In The Night" | Joseph Relativo Vicaro




I am still here / for the forsaken / and the forgone / if you have nobody else to love / I might not be the one / yet I can be there for you / a nuance stirs my resolve / to remain steadfast / with a clue / still your darkest secret falls / on a testament / should Heaven cause you to repent / I contend / that what you truly dread / is already out there / as tidings / on the streets spread / to adore me so / with your dress / ablaze and unfurled / is your distress / I need to end this piece / not in order to get high / whenever I say / something / I mean it / every time I try / I  strayed around each betrothal / that nullity unrolled / from a sign of a betrayal / the most gripping truth / that I must deal with / is your ubiquitous absence / all the more / your elusive presence / I have known you / for so long / yet I lost almost everything / too soon / you might choose to listen to / the most poignant tune / that was written for me to sing / but for someone else / sad / but the truth / rebukes / your faith / each day / with a vengeful light / no more can you deny / that I stole your heart / like a Thief in the night.



Joseph Relativo Vicaro








No comments

Post a Comment

Your critical intputs are vital to all our efforts and are always appreciated..

This is a copywrited content. The material presented here is for general informative purposes only and may not be republished without express permission. The Subtle Arttraction; site is AS IS and makes no claims nor warranties.
Our work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License